April 10, 2015 will mark the 90th anniversary of the publication of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald — a book that many people believe is the best novel of all time. (I agree!) To celebrate the occasion, we are planning ahead — and getting started with our latest anthology: The Silver Birch Press Great Gatsby Anthology, a collection of poetry, prose, art, collage, photography, and other work that celebrates this remarkable novel.
WHAT: Poetry, prose, paintings, drawings, photographs, and other work inspired by The Great Gatsby.
TYPES OF WRITTEN MATERIAL:
- Poems (up to three — either original work or found/erasure poetry based on The Great Gatsby)
- Short stories (up to 2,000 words)
- Essays (up to 1,500 words)
- Creative nonfiction (up to 2,000 words)
- Short plays or screenplays (approximately 5 typed pages)
- Other literary forms (up to 2,000 words)
TYPES OF VISUAL MATERIAL (send jpg files of approximately 1MB):
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 1, 2014
RELEASE DATE: April 2015
HOW TO SUBMIT: Please email written entries as MSWord attachments and visual entries as a jpg attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, mailing address, email address, and one-paragraph bio.
PAYMENT: All participants will receive a copy of the Silver Birch Press Great Gatsby Anthology.